usable access 2.0
Usability is a measure of the effectiveness with which users of a system such as a web site can accomplish particular tasks, usually locating specific information. As many people's reliance on the web as an information source has grown, so has the importance of the testing, measurement, and maximization of web site usability.
- 30 Usability Issues To Be Aware Of - An article from Smashing Magazine
- A List Apart - Usability-related articles from A List Apart.
- Digital Web Magazine - Usability-related articles from Digital Web Magazine.
- The 100% Easy-2-Read Standard - An article on designing text for readability
- Usability.gov - The primary government source for information on usability and user-centered design, providing guidance and tools on how to make web sites and other communication systems more usable and useful.
- Usability First - Provides information and resources for key issues related to usability in website and software design.
- UseIt - Alertbox column (design guidelines for web and intranet usability), web usability, usability engineering, and Jakob Neilsen's minimalist approach to web design
- User Interface Engineering - A leading research, training, and consulting firm specializing in web site and product usability.
Accessibility can be thought of as "equal access to information for all users, regardless of disability"; also, the practice of making websites usable for people of all abilities and disabilities.
- A List Apart - Accessibility-related articles from A List Apart.
- Accessify.com - A site dedicated to furthering the cause of web accessibility by offering free tools and other useful resources.
- Digital Web Magazine - Accessibility-related articles from Digital Web Magazine.
- Dive Into Accessibility - 30 days to a more accessible web site
- Section508.gov - A resource for information on Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- The Guild of Accessible Web Designers (GAWDS) - A worldwide association of professional organisations, web designers and developers working together to promote the use and preservation of accessible design standards.
- Usability First: Accessibility - Describes design issues as they relate to the disabled, as well as universal design issues in general.
- Web Accessibility Initiative - Home page of W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative--resources for increasing accessibility of the web for people with disabilities.
- WebAIM - Web Accessibility in Mind - Providing the knowledge, technical skills, tools, organizational leadership strategies, and vision that empower organizations to make their own content accessible to people with disabilities.
- Web Axe - A podcast and blog featuring practical web design accessibility tips.